Hunter Civilab perform soil testing and classification for civil, construction and residential purposes.
Our team of experts conduct soil classification and testing in our NATA-approved laboratory on areas including site investigation and drilling, materials quality testing, insitu compliance testing and engineering reporting.
Our services include:
- Onsite sampling using both disturbed and undisturbed methods
- Sample preparation including artificial weathering and repeat compaction pre-treatment methods
- Atterberg Limits incorporating plastic and liquid limits and linear shrinkage, Emerson Class and a wide range of particle size distribution
- Chemical Testing such as pH
- Strength and bearing tests including compaction, density, Californian Bearing Ratio, maximum dry compressive strength and unconfined compressive strength
- Soil stabilisation and material blending trials
- Site reactivity incorporating the Shrink Swell Index
- Contamination & foreign material testing